All purpose flour - 1 cup
Un salted Butter - 1 stick
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 tbsp
Salt - 1/8 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tbsp
Almonds or any dry fruits - 12
Wax paper - 1
1-In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar (little at a time) with the softened butter until mixture is light and creamy.
2. Add Cardamom Powder and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, sift all Purpose Flour with Baking Powder and Salt.
4. Combine Flour mixture with Butter Mixture little by little to form a soft dough.
5. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
6. Knead dough once again and divide into 12 equal portions.
7. Roll each portion into a smooth ball with no cracks and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax/parchment paper or lightly greased with oil. Leave space between dough balls.
8. Bake on the middle rack for 22-25 minutes at 300 degree Fahrenheit.
9. Remove from oven and let the nan khatai cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before eating.
10. Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
1-They should not bake for more time or else they may burn and spoil.
2-If u don't have wax paper the spray oil on the baking tray so they avoid sticking.